Thursday 21 May 2015

Creative Critical Reflection

Question 3

How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

Planning:

The shooting schedule was also a main project of mine therefore ensuring that I timed the shoot as accurately as possible was a learning curve as the first shoot at the park I had majorly over estimated the time needed for each shot. But This was corrected in out second shooting day when the group correctly estimated the time needed for each shot. The shooting schedule was also a main project of mine therefore ensuring that I timed the shoot as accurately as possible was a learning curve as the first shoot at the park I had majorly over estimated the time needed for each shot. But This was corrected in out second shooting day when the group correctly estimated the time needed for each shot.

Last project I learn how to correctly plan every thing. This time my group ensured that we would do everything to a higher standard. This included the storyboard. This time I was the main writer for the storyboard. This meant that I had to ensure I was using the correct terminology when referring to different camera shots and transitions, consolidating my overall media vocabulary.

Filming:
When filming our first shoot it seemed that the weather was desperately trying to have us fail therefore it was extremely difficult to film with continuity with our lighting. When in filming it was difficult to tell if the lighting was infact the same frame to frame. When we got into post- the differences were much clearer. This taught me the value and need for not only white balancing (which we did at every lighting change) but the need to block out multiple days for filming as no one is sure how the weather will go. The majority of the first shoot (the park scene) needed to be reshoot but we didn’t plan for it si we didn’t have enough time.

Editing

What was a particular challenge when editing was making two tracks fit together when they were from different parts in the song.  Keeghan and I spent way too long trying to perfect in when in the end we settled for near perfect and unless you really knew the song you wouldn’t have noticed the slight hitch. This ended up hindering our time to do more important edits. In future I would spend less time being a perfectionist and more time ensuring that the whoel film makes sense and hits all the targets presented, then go through and perfect any finer details.

No comments:

Post a Comment